Tuesday, December 10, 2013




Garth Brooks announces 2014 world tour


Friends in low places raise your glasses - Garth Brooks is taking the stage once again!

It's official.
Garth Brooks announced plans for a 2014 world tour on Good Morning America this morning.
Brooks initially played coy during his interview with Robin Roberts telling her that "it's still a decision that my family has to make" and joked that at 52 "it could be the wheelchair and walker tour."
When Roberts told him that if he wanted to he could make the announcement right then on the show, Brooks seemed to spontaneously take her up on it.
"We're going on a world tour in 2014," said Brooks, who will be coming out of retirement for the tour. "I can't believe I just did that, but you are a doll. It sure feels good to get to throw your hat back in the ring."
The specifics of the tour, including the cities and dates, were not revealed.
Brooks said the timing was right because his youngest daughter would graduate from high school next year and that after talking to his family about it "all of his babies" were OK with the tour.
"So now I get to do what I love to do, which is play music," he said. "I get to be with the person I want to be with, which is Ms. (Trisha) Yearwood."
Brooks released "Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences," a six-disc set that includes covers, his greatest hits and a DVD of his Las Vegas show, two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment